3.08.2010

BE

in the still of the night we walk through silver streets our steps echoing in the silence of the dark
the cold seems to have frozen not only nature but time itself and left us alive
no destination set we walk side by side heading for nothing
ready to walk for an eternity until we find forever
we have surrendered conversation knowing that words are emotionless compared to this feeling,
listen to the music we make;
the base of our hearts
the rhythm in our walk ,
the melody of our soul
it's a warmth that fills my chest,
a type no fire can produce
pure euphoria from knowing that you love me, words that were left unsaid.

at the thought you pull me a little closer and wrap your arms around mine.

if you have to leave i know you'll be back like the shores of the seas;
with the tensions and stresses of the world, in your comfort I'm left at ease, without worries
I won't be questioned about my walk or the Ebonics in my talk
you are what makes the better part of me because you let me BE
it’s just me
no defense systems armed
no actor playing a character
no judgment
no fear when there is no such thing as remorse
no expectations,
with you I am allowed to simply exist
I
Can
Just
Be